About Tammy Poppie
Tammy Poppie is a serial traveler to the Caribbean. Since 1997, she has made at least one annual trip to a tropical Caribbean destination either with friends on a girls' getaway, family or solo. If she had her way, she'd spend more time in the Caribbean than in Wisconsin 🙂
I've been going on Caribbean getaways every year since 1997. In a lucky year, I go on more than one trip!
I start to get the itch to get away to a warm beach island when the Wisconsin winter winds blow relentlessly from the north, the temps dip below zero and cloudy days seem endless.
What do I love about the Caribbean?
- I love the stunning beauty of the Caribbean sea. From the moment I step off the plane, I can't wait to get to the beach and take it all in.
- I love the amazing aquamarine color of the sea and the endless and continuous gentle lapping of waves against the shore.
- I love the kindness and generosity of the people who call the Caribbean their home.
- I love the serenity and ambiance of the islands.
- I love the laid-back atmosphere.
- Most of all -- I love the sun and warmth!
Caribbean Places I've Traveled to
- Cayman Islands
- Dominican Republic
- St. Martin
- Virgin Islands
- Mexican Caribbean (Cozumel, Cancun, Riviera Maya)
- Florida Keys (yes, they count!)
Before my first vacation to the Caribbean, I had so many questions.
- What should I expect?
- Where should I stay?
- What should I do while there with my family? what about if I'm with my friends?
- Is it safe?
- What kind of animals will I see on the island?
- What kind of food should I expect to eat?
- What is an all-inclusive hotel? Is it worth it?
- Are there sharks in the waters? (Irrational questions included!)
The internet was in its infancy back in 1997 so getting answers was not easy. I just had to dive in, go on the trip and learn from it.
That's what this website is all about. Helping people like you get the information you need to make your Caribbean getaway a reality.
Many people spend weeks, months and even years researching a trip but never get around to taking it. Whether you fear the unknown or are paralyzed by information overload, I can help get past the swirling which gets you nowhere.
My goal is to make the research and planning phase quick and painless so you can spend more time experiencing the trip.
I share information about the Caribbean destinations I've been to and the ones I'm actively planning to visit.
I hope you find the information helpful for scheduling your epic trip to the Caribbean.